- Ginecologie - Obstetrica
- Norway, Norway
Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Norway officially the Kingdom of Norway is a Scandinavian unitary constitutional monarchy whose territory comprises the western portion of the Scandinavian Peninsula, Jan Mayen, the Arctic archipelago of Svalbard, and the sub-Antarctic Bouvet Island. Norway has a total area of 385,252 square kilometres (148,747 sq. mi) and a population of 5,109,059 people.
The country shares a long eastern border with Sweden(1,619 km or 1,006 mi long), which is the longest uninterrupted border within both Scandinavia & Europe at large. Norway is bordered by Finland and Russia to the north-east, and the Skagerrak Strait to the south, with Denmark on the other side. It shares maritime borders with Russia by the Barents Sea; Greenland, the Faroe Islands, and Iceland by the Norwegian Sea; and Sweden, Denmark, and the United Kingdom by the North Sea. Norway's extensive coastline, facing the North Atlantic Ocean and the Barents Sea, is laced with fjords, a renowned part of its landscape.
The capital city Oslo is the largest in the nation, with a population of 630,000. Norway has extensive reserves of petroleum, natural gas, minerals, lumber, seafood, fresh water, and hydropower.
Norway is a unitary parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy, with King Harald V as its head of state and Jens Stoltenberg as its prime minister. It is a unitary state with administrative subdivisions on two levels known as counties (fylke) and municipalities (kommuner).
Although having rejected European Union membership in two referenda, Norway maintains close ties with the union and its member countries.
Norway has the fourth-highest per capita income in the world. The country maintains a Nordic welfare model with universal health care, subsidized higher education, and a comprehensive social security system. From 2001 to 2006, and then again from 2009 through 2011, Norway has had the highest human development index ranking in the world. In 2011, Norway also ranked the highest on the Democracy Index.
For Norway we are currently looking for specialists in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
The offer includes:
- Two positions with focus on Gynaecology
- One position with focus on Obstetrics
The Gynecology and Obstetric department at the hospital is a medium-sized department with 850 deliveries per year. There are five senior consultants and three assistant physicians on the fixed staff.
There are both on call duties and duties at the hospital. It is therefore important that the candidate are willing to live relatively close to the hospital.
The city is located next to an international airport, with daily flights to all relevant destinations in Europe.
- Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Human medicine doctor, graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
- General experience in both, Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Relevant experience in electronic fetal monitoring
- Must be experienced in laparoscopy, able to independently carry out minor laparoscopic surgery
- Willing to live relatively close to the hospital
- Professional command of English, German or French
- Motivation for living and working abroad
- Ability of taking part in the 6 months’ intensive language course, next one starts in August
- A dynamic, medical local hospital with well-functioning department and committed staff
- Monthly salary starts from 5000 Euros net
- Good work environment and great interest in education in an active teaching environment
- A mono and cross-functional environment with focus on a balanced relationship between private life, further training and production.
- A department with focus on quality in each continuity of care
- An experienced and committed staff
- Well integrated work with quality development and accreditation in daily life
- Medical and organizational development
- Six weeks paid holiday
- Intensive Norwegian course starting in August, also for partner.
- A scholarship for the Norwegian course of 700 Euros monthly net, a supplement for children of 70 Euro monthly net, free apartment and travel costs for the family.
- Study tour to Norway in June, after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work environment.
- Cultural teaching prior to departure
- Training courses within working hours.
- Support in finding house, school and kindergarten
- Assistance with removal and relocation costs
- Assistance in administrative processes when moving to Norway
- Hotline service for urgent questions
- Coaching, regular evaluation and assistance in integration process
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will help you obtain the License to Practice so you can start work as soon as possible.
recomandându-ne un alt candidat!
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...