- Medicina interna
- Thuringen, Germany
Resident doctor for Internal Medicine
The position is available in the German state of Thüringen (Thuringia). The free state of Thüringen is located in the central part of Germany. From the northwest going clockwise, Thüringen has borders with the states of Lower Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen, Bayern and Hessen.
The position is available in the Internal Medicine department of an acute hospital. The hospital is a leading private healthcare provider which offers a wide range of medical services. With over 20 departments and a wide range of highly specialized centers, it is one of the largest hospitals in South Thuringia. Additionally to the inpatient care facilities the hospital also has outpatient care centers.
The Department of Internal medicine provides in addition to the primary care almost all range of services that a university hospital provides.
In cooperation with the Department of Vascular Surgery, patients with vascular occlusions are treated as well. Another main focus of the department of internal medicine is the internal intensive medicine which specializes on the detection and treatment of serious heart disease and serious infections and inflammation.
- Medical care of the patients
- Specialized treatment procedures
- Collaboration with other departments of Internal Medicine
The current position offers the possibility doing rotation in the three most important departments of hospital including Internal Medicine, Pneumology and Cardiology.
Pneumology treatment focuses on cancers of the lung, chronic lung disease with lack of oxygen, ventilation strategies for intensive care patients as well as sleep-related problems: for example, pathological snoring or breathing pauses.
Range of treatments covers:
- Tumors of the lung and pleura
- Tumor metastases
- Severity of lung disease (such as COPD, hyperinflation / emphysema)
- Rare lung diseases scaffold (eg fibrosis and sarcoidosis)
- Pulmonary hypertension (pulmonary Hyperthonie)
- Fluid accumulation in the chest (pleural effusion)
- Inflammation of the lungs, airways and pleura
- Pathologic snoring
- Sleep-related breathing disorders (eg breathing dropouts / apnea)
- Common sleep disorders
Treatment methods include:
- Pulmonary function laboratory
- Diagnosis of the oxygen and carbon dioxide content in the blood
- Study of lung function during ergometric stress (Spiro-oxy-ergometry)
- Measurement of blood pressure in the pulmonary circulation (right heart catheterization)
- Long-term oxygen therapy
- Allergy diagnosis
- Immunotherapy against eg bee and wasp venom
- Sleep laboratory, certified by the German Society of Sleep Medicine
- Mask ventilation for sleep apnea
- Mask ventilation in respiratory muscle disorders
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation (weaning)
- Weaning from tracheostomy
- Endoscopy for bronchial (bronchoscopy) in short anesthesia
- Lung volume reduction to improve breathing through implantation of valves into the bronchi
- Endoscopic reopening tumor-induced constriction of the airways by laser or implantation of stents
- Irradiation of tumors in the bronchi (afterloading)
- Chemotherapy of cancer
The Department of cardiology provides in addition to the primary care almost all range of services that a university hospital provides. In cooperation with the Department of Vascular Surgery, patients with vascular occlusions are treated as well. Another main focus of the department of internal medicine is the internal intensive medicine which specializes on the detection and treatment of serious heart disease and serious infections and inflammation.
The range of treatment covers:
- heart attack
- Heart failure (insufficiency)
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Congenital heart defects (in adulthood)
- atrial fibrillation
- heart valves
- Artery enlargement (aneurysm)
- Circulatory disorders of the heart and on the extremities
- Nutritional and metabolic diseases / fat metabolism
- Coagulation disorders
- Nodes and diseases of veins, lymphatic vessels
Treatment methods include:
- Stem cell therapy
- Heart catheter examinations
- Myocardial biopsies
- Closure of the atrial appendage of the heart for stroke prevention
- Pacemaker and defibrillator in heart rhythm disorders
- interventions to narrowed arteries in the heart (angina pectoris, myocardial infarction) and legs (claudication)
- Implantation of stents (stents)
- Rotablation (rotational atherectomy)
- extraction of blood clots
- Reopening of closed vessels
- cardiac CT
- Ablation of cardiac arrhythmias
- ECG / Holter
The chief doctor has full training authorization for Internal medicine, Respiratory Medicine and Cardiology. The form of work required is full time. For the balance between personal and professional life you benefit of 26 days of leave/year.
- Proficient in German. Minimum B2 language level
- Graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
- Good communication and organizational skills
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will offer access to hundreds of jobs across hospitals and clinics endowed with professional and modern equipment
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will pay for your accommodation during the interviews
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will look for a home and/or kindergarten for your children
- We will handle the Free Practice Right forms so you can start work as soon as possible.
EGV is a leading healthcare recruitment agency operating in Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Croatia. We are specialized in tailor made and efficient physician recruitment services.
We focus on identifying personal and professional of each candidate and have the main goal of finding the right job from a wide range of job-offers available. Candidates and clients appreciate our prompt and reliable services.
We would be delighted to show you that we are committed to our motto:
“Professionalism, promptitude and professional development “
recomandându-ne un alt candidat!
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...