- Medicina interna
- NRW, Germany
Resident doctor in Internal Medicine +(Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Diabetology, Oncology)
The position is available in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. North Rhine-Westphalia is the most populous state of Germany, with four of the country’s ten largest cities. The state was formed in 1946 after the merge of the northern Rhineland and Westphalia. The state’s capital is Düsseldorf. The hospital is located in a medium sized town at 30 minutes distance from a big city. All school and recreational facilities are available in the town and the surrounding area.
The position is available in a big acute hospital which has over 1.900 employees, over 14 departments and over 600 beds for inpatient care.
The internal medicine department has the following sections:
- General internal medicine
- Sleep medicine
The main treatments provided by the gastroenterology department include:
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- ercutaneous transhepatic cholangiography (PTC) and
- Endoscopic therapy
- Endoscopic ultrasonography
- Gastrointestinal Laboratory
- Video capsule endoscopy
- Zoom endoscopy
- thin colonoscopy
The main treatments provided by the diabetology department include:
- Supervision and training of people with diabetes
- All types of therapy including medicine and insulin
- Nutritional counseling for diabetes
- Treatment of acute metabolic decompensation
- Continuous glucose monitoring for 72 hours
- Care of diabetic patients before and after surgery
- Treatment of diabetic foot ulcers
- Care of gestational diabetes
- Prevention of vascular complications by co-treatment of high blood pressure, dyslipidemia and overweight
- Treatment of complications such as neuropathy, retinopathy and nephropathy
For the treatment of infectious diseases the hospital has isolation rooms available. The infectious disease department treats mostly people suffering from: diarrhea, pneumonia, urinary tract infections and immune deficiency after chemotherapy. Also unclear febrile illnesses after traveling abroad such as malaria and dengue fever can be diagnosed and treated.
The range of medical treatments provided by the oncology department includes the following:
- malignant tumors such as Colon cancer, lung cancer, brain tumors and metastases
- Breast cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of blood disorders
- malignant lymphomas
- multiple Myeloma
The palliative care unit contains 5 specially equipped patient rooms, which are spacious and leave space for an extra bed as overnight accommodation of a close relative or a close person.
The cardiology department provides and extensive range of diagnostics and treatments such as:
- Standard ECG
- Exercise ECG
- 24-hour blood pressure measurement
- Pacemaker programming and verification
- internal defibrillators
- One and two dimensional echocardiography
- Doppler echocardiography and color duplex
- Contrast Echocardiography
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- stress echocardiography
- Duplex studies of arteries and veins
- Doppler occlusion pressure measurements
- Go Reck determination on the treadmill
- Cycle laboratory
- flow-directed catheter
- Tilt Table
- Cardiac catheterization laboratory
The hospital has full training authorization for conducting the residency training in general internal medicine, gastroenterology and cardiology. Additionally the hospital has partial training authorization for conducting 18 months training in diabetology. The hospital has also full training authorization for conducting additional training in: Intensive care medicine, Infectious disease medicine, geriatrics and palliative care medicine.
The form of work required is full time. For the balance between personal and professional life you benefit of 29 days of leave/year.
- Resident doctor
- Experience in Intensive care is a plus
- Proficient in German( C1 level)
- Graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will offer access to hundreds of jobs across hospitals and clinics endowed with professional and modern equipment
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will pay for your accommodation during the interviews
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will look for a home and/or kindergarten for your children
- We will handle the Free Practice Right forms so you can start work as soon as possible.
EGV is a leading healthcare recruitment agency operating in Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Croatia. We are specialized in tailor made and efficient physician recruitment services.
We focus on identifying the personal and professional aims of each candidate and have the main goal of finding the right job from a wide range of job-offers available. Candidates and clients appreciate our prompt and reliable services.
We would be delighted to show you that we are committed to our motto:
“Professionalism, promptitude and professional development “
recomandându-ne un alt candidat!
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...