- Norway, Norway
Specialist in Psychiatry
Currently, we have available positions for specialist in the field of Psychiatry in an attractive area in Norway, close to Oslo.
Norway officially the Kingdom of Norway is a Scandinavian unitary constitutional monarchy whose territory comprises the western portion of the Scandinavian Peninsula, Jan Mayen, the Arctic archipelago of Svalbard, and the sub-Antarctic Bouvet Island. Norway has a total area of 385,252 square kilometres (148,747 sq. mi) and a population of 5,109,059 people.
The country shares a long eastern border with Sweden(1,619 km or 1,006 mi long), which is the longest uninterrupted border within both Scandinavia & Europe at large. Norway is bordered by Finland and Russia to the north-east, and the Skagerrak Strait to the south, with Denmark on the other side. It shares maritime borders with Russia by the Barents Sea; Greenland, the Faroe Islands, and Iceland by the Norwegian Sea; and Sweden, Denmark, and the United Kingdom by the North Sea. Norway's extensive coastline, facing the North Atlantic Ocean and the Barents Sea, is laced with fjords, a renowned part of its landscape.
The capital city Oslo is the largest in the nation, with a population of 630,000. Norway has extensive reserves of petroleum, natural gas, minerals, lumber, seafood, fresh water, and hydropower.
Norway is a unitary parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy. It is a unitary state with administrative subdivisions on two levels known as counties (fylke) and municipalities (kommuner).
Although having rejected European Union membership in two referenda, Norway maintains close ties with the union and its member countries.
Norway has the fourth-highest per capita income in the world. The country maintains a Nordic welfare model with universal health care, subsidized higher education, and a comprehensive social security system. From 2001 to 2006, and then again from 2009 through 2011, Norway has had the highest human development index ranking in the world. In 2011, Norway also ranked the highest on the Democracy Index.
The Psychiatry department takes part of the clinic for mental health and substance abuse treatment and assures attendance for approx. 105,000 inhabitants.
The department is organised into diagnosis related sections. There is a rehabilitation section, a general section and a section for substance abuse treatment. There are 150 fulltime positions and 215 permanent employees. There are ten consultant positions.
The focus is on evidence-based assessment and treatment in a targeted and limited form, where emphasis is put on patient and family resources and participation.
The candidate will work in an active and inspiring professional environment with skilled and friendly staff. Two hours per week are allocated to academic studies for all consultants.
- Specialist in Psychiatry
- Human medicine doctor, graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
- Development oriented and have academic grounding in evidence based treatment while being flexible and cooperative
- Professional command of English, German or French
- Motivation for living and working abroad
- Ability of taking part in the 6 months’ intensive language course
- A dynamic, medical local hospital with well-functioning department and committed staffs
- Training courses within working hours.
- Monthly salary starts from 5000 Euros net to which significant amount of money is added for the services.
- Good work environment and great interest in education in an active teaching environment
- A mono and cross-functional environment with focus on a balanced relationship between private life, further training and production.
- A department with focus on quality in each continuity of care
- An experienced and committed staff
- Well integrated work with quality development and accreditation in daily life
- Medical and organizational development
- Six weeks paid holiday
- A six month language course for you and your family and Norwegian Medical Language Program with settlement assistance and free accommodation and 700 Euros/month and a supplement of 70 Euros net/ month for children
- A study tour to Norway after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work environment.
- Accommodation assistance in Norway
- Assistance with removal and relocation costs.
- Assistance in administrative processes when moving to Norway
- Hotline service for urgent questions
- Coaching, regular evaluation and assistance in integration process
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will help you obtain the License to Practice so you can start work as soon as possible.
recomandându-ne un alt candidat!
Povesti de succes
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...
- Interview with EGV Recruiting for Observator News Antena1
- Interview with EGV Recruiting at the medical job fair in Bucharest for RTV.
- Scenes from the annual doctor meeting 2011 Kassel, Germany. EGV Recruiting organizes these annual...
- We started recruiting doctors for Switzerland and Austria
- Our company is proud to announce that we support the MSF cause!