- Sweden, Sweden
Specialist Doctor Psychiatry
Sweden officially the Kingdom of Sweden is a Nordic country on the Scandinavian Peninsula in Northern Europe.
At 450,295 square kilometers (173,860 sq mi), Sweden is the third largest country in the European Union by area, with a total population of about 9.4 million. About 85% of the population lives in urban areas. Sweden's capital city is Stockholm, which is also the largest city.
Sweden has been a member of the European Union since 1 January 1995 and is a member of the OECD. Today, Sweden is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary democracy form of government and a highly developed economy. Sweden has the world’s eighth highest per capita income. In 2011, it ranked fourth in the world in The Economist's Democracy Index and tenth in the United Nations’ Human Development Index. In 2010, the World Economic Forum ranked Sweden as the second most competitive country in the world.
For a better image about Sweden you can also access the following link:
Hospital 1, South-East-Sweden:
The Psychiatric Department is offering employment for a specialist doctor in general adult psychiatry. The hospital covers approximately 96 000 inhabitants. It has 250 employees, of which 15-20 are specialist doctors. The psychiatrist will work in a multidisciplinary team, both in inpatient and outpatient care. The work includes reception, diagnosis and treatment of patients, team sessions, meetings with the patient’s relatives, and cooperation with community, employment and insurance services. There are duties during nights and weekends. The doctor will also have teaching activities, and will be asked to participate in the training of younger colleagues and residents. The interest in research activities such as the ADHD disorder is desirable.
Hospital 2, South-West-Sweden:
The principal catchment area is of approx. 120000 people. The department consists of two parts, inpatient and outpatient. There are four nursing wards, one for psychosis, one for addiction disorders and two for general psychiatry. The most common diagnosis at the clinics are affective disorders, OCD, PD, social phobia and eating disorders. The Hospital has a generous policy regarding further training and participation to conferences.
Hospital 3, South-West-Sweden, Affective and addiction psychiatry:
The hospital offers four positions for adult psychiatrist. The positions are in the Affective Psychiatry Department (2 positions) and in the Addiction Department (2 positions). The doctor will work in a multidisciplinary team, in both inpatient and outpatient work. The work includes reception, diagnosis and treatment of patients, team sessions and meetings with the patient’s family, cooperation with social services. In the affective psychiatry clinic they treat patients with affective disorders, including bipolar disorders, anxiety syndroms, compulsive-, eating-, personality-, neuropsychiatric disorders including ADHD and autism spectrum disorder. They have several programs for adapting people to the society, as these patients often have a hard time adjusting. The Hospital has a generous policy regarding further training and participation to conferences. The doctor will also be involved in the training of resident doctors and in the further development of the department.
Hospital 4, Central-Sweden:
The hospital offers three vacancies for specialist doctors in adult psychiatry, one in the inpatient department and two in the outpatient department. A wide type of psychiatric disorders are treated by the two clinics, such as affective disorders, psychotic disorders, anxiety disorders, ADHD in adults, personality disorders and certain types of addictions. The patients who have schizophrenia or schizophrenia related disorders are not treated in these clinics.
The work is done in multidisciplinary teams, with psychologist, nurse, therapist and social worker, taking into account the patient's entire situation (psychiatric, medical, social). The inpatient department has short treatment durations and a large turnover of patients. Average length of stay is 12-15 days and on average there are two new patients per day. The inpatient department has 20 beds, the department is coordinated by two specialist doctors and usually 2-4 specialist psychiatrists. The department has continually doctors in training, that is why mentoring is a natural part of the work. The candidate is expected to have an active role in the department's medical development. Doctors are expected to have at least 5 patients per day. The rest of the time includes supervision of younger colleagues, meetings and participation in the development of the department. The specialists perform the most specific medical tasks such as diagnostics, drug treatment and they establish the plan of treatment together with the team.
Hospital 5, South-Sweden, Forensic psychiatry:
A hospital in the South of Sweden offers a position for a specialist doctor in psychiatry with experience or interest in forensic psychiatry. The mission is to ensure civil security through a highly specialized forensic psychiatric care. The clinic treats mainly people who committed crimes under the influence of a serious mental disorder and therefore cannot be sentenced to prison. But even patients from correctional psychiatric care can be received at the clinic, as well as in exceptional cases, patients whose needs can not be met within general psychiatry. The clinic conducts highly specialized psychiatric care throughout the continuum of care - from inpatient care in Safety Class 2 and 3 to less closed shapes as halfway houses and aftercare in the form of open psychiatric care. In addition to traditional medical treatment based care at a psychosocial approach and the Environment therapeutic principles. Occupational therapy and educational activities are important aspects of healthcare. Work at the clinic are conducted in interdisciplinary teams. Based on each patient's needs, teams can consist of physicians psychologist, social worker, occupational therapist, nurse and attendant. Other important groups in the clinic, for example, trainers in occupational and engineering as well as teachers. The clinic has about 160 employees and 72 hospital beds. The clinic conducts research in three main areas - nursing, risk and hazard assessment and social care processes. The candidate should have either experience in forensic psychiatry or interest.
- Permanent contract after six months.
- Training courses within working hours.
- Help to find: apartment, school and kindergarten.
- Study tour to Sweden, after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work environment.
- Assistance with removal and relocation costs
- Intensive Swedish course, also for the partner.
- A scholarship for the Swedish course of 2800 Euros net, a supplement for children of 280 Euro net, free apartment and travel costs for the family.
- Specialist exam as a psychiatrist.
- Experience in general psychiatry.
- Human medicine doctor, graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
- Professional command of English
- Motivation for living and working abroad
- Ability of taking part in the 6 months’ intensive language course
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will help you obtain the License to Practice so you can start work as soon as possible.
recomandându-ne un alt candidat!
Povesti de succes
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...
- Interview with EGV Recruiting for Observator News Antena1
- Interview with EGV Recruiting at the medical job fair in Bucharest for RTV.
- Scenes from the annual doctor meeting 2011 Kassel, Germany. EGV Recruiting organizes these annual...
- We started recruiting doctors for Switzerland and Austria
- Our company is proud to announce that we support the MSF cause!